Welcome to Chen Ma’s Homepage
|Chen Ma (马辰) |
Data Intelligence Lab
Department of Computer Science
City University of Hong Kong (CityU)
Hong Kong SAR
Email: /chenma/ [at] cityu [dot] edu [dot] hk
Google Scholar, Linkedin, Github
[05/2023]: One paper about multi-mention entity linking is accepted by UAI 2023.
[04/2023]: One short paper about user segmentation is accepted by SIGIR 2023.
[03/2023]: One paper about edge caching is accepted by IEEE ICME 2023.
[02/2023]: One paper about few-shot triple extraction is accepted by IEEE ICASSP 2023.
[02/2023]: One paper about recommender system simulator is accepted by IEEE ICDE 2023.
[01/2023]: Two papers about streaming recommendation and controllable fairness are accepted by TheWebConf 2023.
[11/2022]: One paper about continual recommendation is accepted by AAAI 2023.
[11/2022]: One paper about tag-enhanced recommendation is accepted by IEEE ICDE 2023.
[11/2022]: One paper about meta auxiliary learning is accepted by IEEE TKDE.
[10/2022]: One paper about continual learning is accepted by Neural Computation.
[10/2022]: One paper about quantization is accepted by WACV 2023.
[08/2022]: One paper about answering coding questions is accepted by COLING 2022.
[08/2022]: One paper about multi-objective fair recommendation is accepted by ACM TOIS.
[08/2022]: One paper about the weighted BPR loss is accepted by CIKM 2022.
[05/2022]: One paper about quantization for recommendation is accepted by SIGKDD 2022.
[04/2022]: Congratulations to Shengyin for receiving the HKPFS award!
[03/2022]: One paper about multisided fairness for recommendation is accepted by SIGIR 2022.
Chen’s researches lie in the theory of Data Mining and Machine Learning and their applications in
- Recommender System
- Knowledge Graph
- Natural Language Processing
- Social Computing/Social Good
Opening: I am looking for self-motivated PhD students who are interested in pursuing data mining and machine learning researches in recommender systems, knowledge graphs, natural language processing, or social computing. Feel free to shot me an email (email@example.com), with your CV, transcript, and publication. A Chinese version about openings.
Note: I am open to any kind of collaboration, feel free to shot me an email if you have any ideas.
Chen is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science, the City University of Hong Kong from August 2021. Before that, Chen got his PhD from the School of Computer Science, McGill University, supervised by Prof. Xue (Steve) Liu. In the meantime, he also closely worked with Prof. Mark Coates. Before joining McGill, he received his MS and BS degrees in Software Engineering from Beijing Institute of Technology.
He is also a core developer of a Java opensource library on recommender systems–LibRec.
- PhD, School of Computer Science, McGill University, Canada, Sep. 2015 ~ Jul. 2021
- Master, School of Software Engineering, Beijing Institue of Technology, Sep. 2013 ~ Jun. 2015
- Bachelor, School of Software Engineering, Beijing Institue of Technology, Sep. 2009 ~ Jun. 2013
- Research Intern, Huawei Noah’s Ark Lab Montreal Research Center, Apr. 2019 ~ Aug. 2021
- Mentors: Yingxue Zhang, Dr. Ruiming Tang, Dr. Wulong Liu, and Dr. Yanhui Geng
- Proposal Collaborator, Microsoft Research Montreal, Dec. 2019 ~ Dec. 2021
- Mentors: Dr. Fernando Diaz and Dr. Bhaskar Mitra
- Excellent Research Intern of Huawei Noah’s Ark Lab, 2020
- Excellent Graduate Scholarship of McGill, School of Computer Science, From 2015 to 2019
- National Scholarship for Graduate Students, Ministry of Education of China, 2014
- Champion, RoboCup Soccer Middle Size League Competition, RoboCup China Open, 2013 (Media Press)
- 4-th Place, RoboCup Soccer Middle Size League Competition, RoboCup Eindhoven World Final, 2013 (Media Press)
- Teli Xu Scholarship, 2012 (The most prestigious scholarship in Beijing Institute of Technology, and the annual selection ratio is 12/12000 among undergraduates)
This site uses Just the Docs, a documentation theme for Jekyll. Many thanks for the contributation.